Professional Practice Department
The Professional Practice Department staff come from diverse clinical and non-clinical backgrounds, with a wide variety of professional experiences. They work together to maximize the professional practice and patient experience of healthcare practitioners, students and teams at Southlake.
The Department's mission is to provide leadership and support for a collaborative practice environment essential to high-quality patient-centred care and a healthy work setting.
The Professional Practice Department are leaders in:
- Enabling Individual Professional Development
- Elevating the Patient Experience – a program for staff to enhance patient-centred care
- Supporting Southlake's Academic Agenda
- Learner/Student Placements
- Preceptoring and Mentoring Workshops and resources
- Interprofessional Practice and Education Council (IPEC), Unit Councils and Nursing Council
- Interprofessional Rounds
- Policy Development and Management
- Interprofessional Education and Collaboration
- Maintaining Professional Standards
- Maximizing Scope of Practice
Any questions regarding the Professional Practice Department can be directed to the Manager, Professional Practice at 905-895-4521, ext. 2386.