Professional Practice Department
The Professional Practice Department is an interprofessional group of staff who work to maximize the professional practice of healthcare practitioners at Southlake.
The Department's mission is to provide leadership and support for a collaborative practice environment essential to high-quality patient-centred care and a healthy work setting.
The Professional Practice Department leads the following Southlake initiatives:
- Supporting and Enabling Individual Professional Development
- Patient Centred Care
- Supporting Southlake’s Academic Agenda
- Learner/Student Placements
- Orientation for New Students
- Preceptoring and Mentoring Workshops
- Summer Care Providers
- Interprofessional Practice and Education Council (IPEC)
- Interprofessional Rounds
- Document Management
- Interprofessional Education and Collaboration
- Unit Councils and Profession Councils
- Maintaining and Maximizing Professional Standards
Any questions regarding the Professional Practice Department can be directed to the Manager, Professional Practice at 905-895-4521, ext. 2386.