Cardiac - Regional Cardiac Care Program
Southlake’s Cardiac Care Program is committed to providing advanced cardiac services closer to home for the residents living within York Region, Simcoe County, and Muskoka Region.
A physician’s referral is required for the majority of services offered to patients by the regional program. It is the responsibility of the referring doctor to communicate and discuss test results with their patients.
Members of the Regional Cardiac Care Program Team
Southlake’s Regional Cardiac Care Program features an experienced team of health care professionals consisting of:
- Cardiac Surgeons
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Medical Cardiologists
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Nurse First Assists
- Clinical Educators
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Spiritual Care
For Health Care Professionals
• Advanced Cardiac Services Reference Manual (currently unavailable online)
Patient Education Materials
• Cardiac Catheterization Booklet
• Cardiac Diagnostics
• Coronary Angioplasty/PCI Booklet
• A Patient's Guide to Preparing for Cardiac Surgery
• Pre-operative Patient Instructions for Chlorhexidine Body Wash and Mouthwash (currently unavailable online)
• Pre-operative Patient Instructions for Mupirocin Nasal Ointment (currently unavailable online)
Recommended Web sites:
www.ccn.on.ca Cardiac Care Network of Ontario (CCN)
www.heartandstroke.ca Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario
or call 1-888-473-4636
www.amhrt.org American Heart Association
The "Congestive Heart Failure" booklet of the Heart and Stroke Foundation provides valuable information to patients and their families. To obtain a free copy, contact the Heart and Stroke Foundation at 1-888-473-4636.
[MH1]This needs to be simplified
[MH2]Did this get updated?
[MH3]Need a better place for this