Patient Declaration of Values
As part of Excellent Care for All Act (ECFAA), which ensures
Ontarians receive healthcare of the highest quality possible, hospitals
across Ontario are required to make publicly available a Patient Declaration of Values.
At Southlake, we are committed to being responsive to the needs
of our patients and the communities we serve. The following values
will act as a driving force in our quest to delivery high-quality care
that meets your expectations.
Our Patient Declaration of Values
I expect the best possible care. It is important to me that:
- I am seen as an individual, treated with compassion, respected, heard, and understood.
- My family and others are involved in my care, as I have chosen for them to be.
- I receive accurate, timely, and understandable information that helps me direct my care.
- I receive the right care, at the right place, at the right time.
- I am provided with ways to openly express my opinions.