The Respiratory Rehabilitation program is designed to help improve the health and quality of life for people who are affected by Chronic Lung Diseases (CLD) such as:
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
If you have been diagnosed with one of these conditions and have a referral from your family doctor or respirologist (lung specialist), you may be a candidate for our program.
The program focuses on providing:
- Therapeutic and Self-management
- Education on the cause, progression and management of chronic lung disease
- An understanding of when and how to use your medications
- A personalized exercise program
- Coping strategies such as how to conserve energy, pace yourself, do your daily activities more easily and what to do when you feel short of breath
The program's team is also happy to connect you with support groups, smoking cessation services, and other community programs in your area.
Through education, self-management and exercise, the Respiratory Rehabilitation Program will:
The program is offered in two parts. Part one is a six-week compulsory program, and part two is an optional six-week exercise maintenance program.
Alternate arrangements can be made on an individual basis for those who wish to participate, but cannot attend the six week classes.
The program also offers one-on-one education for people with asthma and bronchiectasis as well as for those needing to learn how to do chest physiotherapy at home.
465 Davis Drive, Suite 404
905-895-4521, ext. 2792