The student volunteer program at Southlake is very competitive. Successful candidates must demonstrate excellent customer service skills and commitment, and be able to maintain a very high attendance rate even during exam and holiday periods. Volunteers are required to maintain a minimum attendance rate of 75%. There are two types of student volunteers; Year Round and Summer students.
Why volunteer at Southlake Regional Health Centre?
- To explore career options.
- Develop new skills and abilities.
- Meet new people.
- Help your community and impact the lives of others.
- Develop leadership skills through student volunteer leadership roles.
- Opportunity to apply for a scholarship upon completing 150 hours of service and mimimum attendance rate of 75% and on condition of being accepted to college or university.
Year Round Student Volunteer Program
(High School, College, and University students)
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be able to commit to one 3 to 4 hour shift on the same day and time each week for a minimum of 75 hours
- No forms or references will be completed prior to completion of 75 hours
- Students who are under 18 will need to complete a 75 hour placement and maintain a 90% attendance rate before being considered for a volunteer position in the Emergency or ICU / CVICU departments.
- Students who are under 18 must have successfully completed NLS Lifeguard training in order to volunteer in the Whipper Watson Therapeutic Pool.
For More Information
For more information about joining the Volunteer program at Southlake Regional Health Centre, please contact:
Community Resources Department
905-895-4521, ext. 2104