The student volunteer program at Southlake is very competitive. Successful candidates must demonstrate excellent customer service skills and commitment, and be able to maintain a very high attendance rate even during exam and holiday periods. Volunteers are required to maintain a minimum attendance rate of 75%. There are two types of student volunteers; Year Round and Summer students.
Why volunteer at Southlake Regional Health Centre?
- To explore career options.
- Develop new skills and abilities.
- Meet new people.
- Help your community and impact the lives of others.
- Develop leadership skills through student volunteer leadership roles.
- Opportunity to apply for a scholarship upon completing 150 hours of service and mimimum attendance rate of 75% and on condition of being accepted to college or university health-related program.
Year Round Student Volunteer Program
(High School, College, and University students)
High School Volunteer Program is FULL
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be able to commit to one 3 to 4 hour shift on the same day and time each week for a minimum of 75 hours
- No forms or references will be completed prior to completion of 75 hours
- Students who are under 18 will need to complete a 75 hour placement and maintain a 90% attendance rate before being considered for a volunteer position in the Emergency or ICU / CVICU departments.
- Students who are under 18 must have successfully completed NLS Lifeguard training in order to volunteer in the Whipper Watson Therapeutic Pool.
2014 University / College Summer Student Program - PROGRAM FULL !
Summer Students have various opportunities to volunteer their time in one or two positions across the Southlake Regional Health Centre Campus: Hospital, Cancer Centre and Southlake Village.
Students must be able to commit to the same 3 - 4 hour shift twice a week.
Must complete a 60 hour placement during June 1st - August 31, 2014
** WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2014 SUMMER STUDENT PROGRAM **
Important Dates to Remember - Summer 2014 - *New Dates*
Attend any genereal volunteer information session before April 15th or attend our Summer Student Information session on April 19th from 10:30am - 11:30am
or May 5th from 2:00pm - 3:00pm
. To sign up, please call 905-895-4521 ext 2104 or email email@example.com
. Please meet at the Community Resources Department in the main building on level 1. Bring your parking ticket and we will validate at the end of the session.
Interviews between April 21st to May 2nd, 2014
Mandatory hospital orientation on May 24th, 2014 from 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mandatory program training between May 26th - May 31st, 2014
Program runs from June 1st - August 31st , 2014
For more infomation please contact: