Health Coach Team
The Health Coach team at Southlake consists of Registered Nurse (RN) Health Coaches who offer support to help manage your chronic illness. They will partner with you to explore your personal experiences and values which influence your self-management and promote health and wellness.
Health Coaches meet with clients in a clinic at the Tannery Mall (465 Davis Drive, Newmarket Ontario) or in the comfort of the clients own home.
The RN Health Coaches:
- Listen to a patients' stories and experiences
- Create a supportive and judgment-free environment
- Help focus on the patients priorities and goals
- Help patients to navigate the Health System and available resources
- Understand the challenges of living with chronic illness and the impact of those challenges on a patient's self management.
RN Health Coaches can help patients to explore the "first steps" to meeting these goals. They understand that people live their lives differently and experience different challenges while trying to balance life and management of their health challenges.
Referrals are easy to make and can be made by any member of a Healthcare Team, the patient themselves, or family members.
Referrals can be made for individuals who:
RN Health Coaches do not replace a Diabetes Nurse Educator, Registered Dietitian, Social Worker or other Healthcare Professional. Rather, RN Health Coaches compliment your health care.
This program is in partnership with
University and the University Health Network.
For more information call 905-895-4521, ext. 5615 or ext. 5616.