Health Coach Team
The health coach team at Southlake consists of Registered Nurse (RN) Health Coaches who offer support to help manage your chronic illness. They will partner with you to explore your personal experiences and values that influence your self-management and promote health and wellness. Health Coaches meet with clients at the Tannery Mall or in the comfort of the clients own home.
The RN Health Coaches:
- Listen to the stories and experiences
- Create a supportive and judgment free environment
- Help focus on your priorities and goals
- Helping you navigate the Health System and available resources
- Better understand the challenges of living with chronic illness and the impact of those challenges on your self management.
RN Health Coaches can help you explore the "first steps" to meeting these goals. They understand that people live their lives differently and experience different challenges while trying to balance life and management of their health challenges.
Referrals are easy to make and can be made by any member of your Healthcare Team, yourself, or family members.
Referrals can be made for individuals who:
- are living with a chronic illness (diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, arthritis)
- are experiencing frustration with balancing daily living and managing illness
- have been labeled “non-compliant”
- are frequently admitted to the Emergency Department or Hospital
- are willing to meet with or be contacted by RN Health Coach
- have a family member with a chronic illness or provide care for patients with a chronic illness
RN Health Coaches do not replace a Diabetes Nurse Educator, Registered Dietitian, Social Worker or other Health Care Professional. Rather, RN Health Coaches compliment your health care.
This program is in partnership with
University and the University Health Network.
For more information call 905-895-4521 ext. 5615 or ext. 5616.