The Geriatric Outreach Service Team at Southlake is a team of healthcare professionals who specialize in the care of seniors living in the community. Our healthcare team works together to promote independence and vitality for seniors through assessment, consultation, collaboration and support. The goal is optimize the health and wellness of frail seniors living in the community.
The Geriatric Outreach Team at Southlake includes the following inter-professional team members:
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Leader
In-Home Assessments are provided by healthcare professionals who specialize in geriatric medicine and senior-friendly care. The assessments are available to frail and house-bound seniors who may not be well enough to come to a clinic.
Referrals are accepted from:
- Family Doctors
- Health care providers
- Community agencies
- Family Members, self referral or friend
- Must possess a valid Ontario Health Care Card or have the ability to pay privately
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Live within the area serviced by the Southlake Geriatric Team
- Be experiencing multiple health problems that would benefit from an In-Home Assessment such as:
- recurrent falls
- multiple medication issues
- poor nutrition
- impaired mobility
- memory impairment
- difficulty managing day-to-day living
- social isolation
- environmental challenges
- ongoing medical problems (incontinence, pain, depression/anxiety)
To make a referral, you can access our referral form through the Regional Geriatric Program’s website: http://www.rgp.toronto.on.ca/
and fax to (905) 853-2222.
For more information on the program, please call 905-895-4521, ext. 6317.