The Joint Centres for Transformative Healthcare Innovation
The Joint Centres for Transformative Healthcare Innovation is a partnership between large community hospitals with a goal of sharing innovations focused on improving quality and value in health care. Member hospitals comprise Mackenzie Health, Markham Stouffville Hospital, Michael Garron Hospital, North York General Hospital, Southlake Regional Health Centre, and St. Joseph's Health Centre.
As a platform for innovation and collaboration, the Joint Centres is guided by five strategic directions:
- Seek and share innovative ideas that improve service delivery and/or value across the system
- Serve as a living laboratory to demonstrate innovation
- Provide a forum for the rapid execution of new ideas, technologies, products and processes to improve system performance
- Provide a test environment for Ministry of Health and/or LHIN sponsored innovation and demonstration projects
- Create opportunities for shared innovation, learning, and knowledge transfer among the member organizations, their staff and physicians