Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT)
The Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) is a community-based team located in Keswick, Ontario.
Under the guidelines of ACT Ontario, the ACTT
program services clients who are struggling with a serious and persistent
mental illness and who need intensive longer term treatment and care. The goal is to minimize hospitalization and
to improve quality of life to clients in their own community.
Utilizing an interdisciplinary team, the mandate
of the program is to service the clients “where they are at.” As such, our team provides all their services
to the client in their home or in their community. The ACT Team is comprised of Registered
Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, a Psychiatrist, and a Program
- Clients must be 18 – 54 years of age.
- Clients must have severe and persistent mental
illness with psychosis such as Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective or Bipolar
Disorder with a past history of multiple hospital admissions and psychiatric
- Clients and/or the Substitute Decision Makers
must be agreeable to ACTT services
This Program is Not
- Clients with mild to moderate mental health
- Clients who refuse treatment
- Clients with a brain injury or a developmental
delay as the primary diagnosis
- History of violence (sexual or physical)
- Referrals are accepted from physicians,
psychiatrists, and other mental health services.
- Referral from must be completed and submitted to
- Once ACTT receives the referral, an intake will
be completed and a team decision will be made if the client meets criteria for